Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oprah Winfrey LifeClass Virtual Training Genuis?


Oprah Winfrey can teach us all in the training world something about virtual training. Carol Nachazel wrote in the Arizona Daily Wildcat an article called Oprah Winfrey’s Life Class is attracting Large Scale Participation and right fully so.  I know I am one of the over million people who signed up before the LifeClass virtual training classroom even began.
 She starts her virtual training class with a one hour televised class. For me as a training manager in the corporate world this means 10 to 12 minutes WBT on a desk top or mobile device. I can’t keep their attention, since Oprah is not in my training giving away cars to all listening.
I watch the televised class while I am on the treadmill or stationary bike. I just prop up my tablet and read what people are saying on Oprah’s Facebook page during the commercials, since I have not been able to DVR. I have tried writing on the wall when I am on the stationary bike, but I am sweating too hard.  This is taking social media and collaborative learning to a level I "like". No pun intended – well maybe a little pun intended.
If you have not gotten enough from Oprah’s televised class than you can watch the live streaming video on her Facebook page or on the Life Class App on your iPads. You know Oprah loves her iPad. This is great for the people that complained that Oprah has put her program on paid TV and they cannot enjoy her anymore. Everyone has a Facebook account.
I wonder why people giving webinars cannot take a lesson from Oprah and lose the canned PowerPoint’s aimed at selling us their product. Instead install a webcam, although Oprah has TV cameras and answer our questions. Maybe they are in their pajamas and this is why we never see them talking to us. If the webinar is done in 30 minutes end it. This approach might make me think about not reading my e-mail and paying attention more. Post it for me to watch and do not make me give you my contract information for the fourth or fifth time.
Nancy Colasurdo from Fox Business talks about how great the Vibrant Lifeclass in Session. Oprah gives us lessons that we can take and talk about, which leads to more social or collaborative learning from each other not just Oprah and the “experts.”
Whether you are a fan of Oprah or not I think we all could learn a lesson about virtual training. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. The concept of virtual classroom has become prominent part of education in the modern times in a valuable way. Standard way of imparting knowledge through internet is accomplished with the help of software.

    Class Room Advertisement

    ReplyDelete